Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, March 23, 2007

Inner experiences of exile

“Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, to all the exiles whom I have sent into exile from Jerusalem to Babylon: 5 Build houses and live in them; plant gardens and eat their produce. 6 Take wives and have sons and daughters; take wives for your sons, and give your daughters in marriage, that they may bear sons and daughters; multiply there, and do not decrease. 7 But seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the Lord on its behalf, for in its welfare you will find your welfare. 8 For thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel: Do not let your prophets and your diviners who are among you deceive you, and do not listen to the dreams that they dream, [1] 9 for it is a lie that they are prophesying to you in my name; I did not send them, declares the Lord.

Jeremiah 29:4-9 ESV

what can israel's exile to the babylon teach us? we can jus treat it like another history lesson, and see how God punishes ppl OR is there more that God wants us to see??? What does exile means to modern people where we do not get violently displaced by our enemies?

my interpretation: we get displace when we go to a new school, a new company, when one gets married, accidents, when someone becomes independent... or basically some people call it a new season in life.... then how are our new enemies? Our boss? a demanding teacher? a not so cooperative project team mates? someone who's competing for As with u? think of someone who makes life difficult for you... Do you see Christ thru them?

when one moves into a new phase in life, we often find ourselves inadaptable, or unwillingness to change, in hope of goin back to our good old days... but here in this passage, we clearly see God's calling : try getting use to it... try to settle down in your new environment, try to contribute to the new set-up, and as we see... try to learn to build relationships as the likelihood of going back may not come anytime sooner, why not make the best of this current opportunity....

kinda reminds me of army days... try getting used to the vulgar ppl, try to know their names, try to understand their background... basically try to LIVE with them... cos after all you are goin to spend some time living and training with these ppl... why not make your life easier by actully going out and know your new friends.... rather than stuck in one corner and sulk and thinking of booking out every sat....

One thing that kept me going in Spec Course was: God never send you out to die here... He has a purpose for me here.... if He sends me to this course, he desires me to finish this course... and to give my BEST attitude and response to it, no matter how tough and demanding this course is goin to be...

this is reaffirm in Jer 39:
"Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel: Behold, I will fulfill my words against this city for harm and not for good, and they shall be accomplished before you on that day. 17 But I will deliver you on that day, declares the Lord, and you shall not be given into the hand of the men of whom you are afraid. 18 For I will surely save you, and you shall not fall by the sword, but you shall have your life as a prize of war, because you have put your trust in me, declares the Lord.’”

God can fulfill his purpose thru disaster and not prosperity...(NIV)

The external situation may be intended to open us to another reality of life... to help us see and experience God... so it is the INTERNAL response that God promise us that we will not fail... no matter how bad the external situation , God has promised to deliver us Internally...

right now for me, God's calling for me in the family is clearer than ever... i need to step up in my new role.. get used to a maid, get used to a new schedule, get used to taking care of household... at the same time trying to finish off this degree as best as possible... this is a new season for me... it is goin to be exciting , not dull or sian or tiredsome... God... pls give me new strength and new energy every morning to face the new day of new challenges!

Finally... what does all this entails?

(back to Jer29)
10 “For thus says the Lord: When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will visit you, and I will fulfill to you my promise and bring you back to this place. 11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare [2] and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. 13 You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.

isnt God wonderful? he has plans to prosper me (success in the things he calls me to do)! and i see it today... he gave me Grace to pass FM test that i didnt really prepare for because of issues of the past one month....

indeed, How Great is Our God?

No comments: