Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Eduardo forgives Taylor for tackle

LONDON, Feb 26 (Reuters) - Arsenal's Eduardo da Silva has forgiven Birmingham City defender Martin Taylor for the tackle that left him with a fractured left fibula and dislocated ankle.

The Brazilian-born Croatia international faces up to nine months on the sidelines after undergoing surgery on Saturday. He suffered the injury during the weekend's Premier League match that ended in a 2-2 draw.
'I forgive Martin. It hurt like hell but I'm fine now. I know he did not do it on purpose,' Eduardo was quoted as saying in Tuesday's Sun newspaper.
'I was horrified when I saw how my leg looked at first and wondered how it would all end. But I will be back.'
The striker, who turned 25 on Monday, refused to get too disheartened.
'These things can happen in football. I see this as a risk of professional football,' he said.
'Sometimes you go up, sometimes you go down.'
Arsenal said he would be released from hospital in a few days.

No comments: