Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, June 1, 2007

A Long Obedience in the Same Direction

i just finish reading Eugene Peterson's A Long Obedience in the Same Direction.
It is simply a breath taking book...it really slows me down to think and reflect
on things and issues in Discipleship.i never know anything about songs of ascents till i read this book and it took me away. i told yongliang that i will read a charles stanleybook once a year, BUT i will choose to read any peterson's book everyday. The essence of reflection and spirituality has been lost.The title raised a bit of an eyebrow to me as Nietzsche was ironically one who introduced the "God is dead" philosophy. little did he ever imagine that one day one of his sentence he wrote will become the title of a mega selling Christian literature. there are so many moments in
this book that struck me and i had to share it with people via sms. That was how impactful this book is for me... I was thinking today... how wonderful it would
be if my bizad CG can read this or Horses ( since we are doing jeremiah) together and reflect it on morning prayersessions? yeah! food for thought again...

No comments: