Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Chris

Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ …. Philippians 1:27

So that it has become known throughout the whole imperial guard and to all the rest that my imprisonment is for Christ. And most of the brothers, having become confident in the Lord by my imprisonment, are much more bold to speak the word without fear. Philippians 1:13-14

Again Paul has put his life to the test. As much as he encourages the Philippi Church, he made himself a living example for the church to follow. I guess that Paul has indeed put his manner of life so worthy , that the prison guards know what on earth Paul is living on. He lives to preach the gospel. (could be a reason that he was misunderstood by others in the Roman circle that he could be preaching out of other intentions – check out Judaism opponents? And Gnosticizing tendency that others thought Paul has- One thing for sure is that Paul is preaching and living it out in his behavior. This influenced not just the Christians, but certainly caught the eye of even the romans guards. Paul became a talking point through his manner of life that is worthy of the gospel of Christ. He is really becoming the salt(identity) and light ( influence) that Matt 5 talks about… do I carry such flavors in my environment. Do I allow the circumstances to change me? Or allow what is internally built and programmed in me to CHALLENGE the circumstance- so much so that they start to take notice and not dismiss my faith as weak or fake?

No comments: